- access and use the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app; and
- be able to become a member of MyToyota/ MyLexus and open and use a MyToyota/ MyLexus account.
1. MyToyota/ MyLexus account
If you open and use a MyToyota/ MyLexus account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your MyToyota/ MyLexus account and related password, as well as for restricting access to the device(s) through which you access your MyToyota/ MyLexus account (for example, your computer) to prevent unauthorised access to your MyToyota/ MyLexus account. You agree to accept full responsibility and are liable for all activities that occur under your MyToyota/ MyLexus account or related password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that your MyToyota/ MyLexus account related password is kept confidential and secure. You should also inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
You can always reset your password by going on the “Sign In” page and clicking on the “Reset password” link. You will then be asked to fill in the email address of your MyToyota/ MyLexus account. You will then receive an email with instructions to reset your password and a link you need to click on. Clicking on this link will take you to a page where you need to write your new password and confirm your new password and then to click on “Change password” to confirm the changes. The email with the instructions to reset your password can also be triggered by a call centre or by a customer support member through the “Administrative Portal”. The following steps then remain the same as described above.
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct, up-to-date and complete. Please also inform us immediately of any changes to the information you provided us with when opening your MyToyota/ MyLexus account or afterwards. You can access and update much of the information you provided to us in the “My Profile” area of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app.
Toyota/ Lexus reserves the right, at all times and at its discretion:
- to refuse access to the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app,
- to refuse the opening of a MyToyota/ MyLexus account, and
- to terminate or remove a MyToyota/ MyLexus account.
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier that we transfer to the hard drive of your computer through your Web browser in order to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide special features.
2. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
3. Access to and use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and your MyToyota/ MyLexus account
We will try to ensure an uninterrupted availability of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and your MyToyota/ MyLexus account and error-free transmissions. However, due to the nature of the Internet, an uninterrupted and error-free access cannot be guaranteed.
Also, Toyota/ Lexus may occasionally suspend or restrict your access to the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and/or your MyToyota/ MyLexus account in case of emergency, for technical reasons (repair, maintenance, improvement, etc.), for security related reasons and/or for the introduction of changes (new facilities, services, apps, etc.), without incurring any liability. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
Toyota/ Lexus may also block or prevent access to your MyToyota/ MyLexus account in case of a (suspected) breach of confidentiality/security of the account or a misuse thereof.
You are responsible for the choice of your own devices used to access the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and your MyToyota/ MyLexus account, as well as the products, services or apps via the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app, including the compatibility of such devices in terms of software and technological fitness to receive the Services. You are also responsible for keeping your devices up to date, including, but not limited to, by installing any updates or new releases when these are made available by Toyota/ Lexus.
4. Access to and use of services and apps made available or offered via MyToyota/ MyLexus
a) Services and apps made available or offered via MyToyota/ MyLexus
Via the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and your MyToyota/ MyLexus account (“MyToyota/ MyLexus”), you may have access to various services and apps which are made available to you or which you can buy or subscribe to.
b) Services linked to a Connectivity Device in your Toyota/ Lexus car (connected services and apps)
· Via MyToyota/ MyLexus and/or via your Toyota/ Lexus car you have the possibility to access/subscribe to a range of specific services and apps if your Toyota/ Lexus car is equipped with Toyota’s/ Lexus’s connectivity device (the “Connectivity Device”). You can subscribe to (Internet) connectivity services ("Connectivity Services") and to related connected services and apps (together "Services”).
· Toyota/ Lexus does not, and you explicitly acknowledge that Toyota/ Lexus does not, provide any Connectivity Services, Internet access and/or other electronic communication services. Toyota/ Lexus does not transmit nor convey any (electronic) signals. Toyota/ Lexus is also not responsible for the transmission and/or conveyance of any (electronic) signals. These Connectivity Services, Internet access and/or other electronic communication services, as well as the transmission of any (electronic) signals are provided by the respective Third Party Provider.
How to subscribe to the Services.
Once your Toyota/ Lexus car is equipped with any Connectivity Device, you must follow the following steps in order to subscribe to one or more Services:
(2) you go to the list of Services and select those you wish to subscribe to;
(3) you read our Privacy Notice(s) related to the Services and, where applicable for certain Services, decide whether to provide your consent for specific types of processing of your personal data;
(4) you insert any additional information requested by Toyota/ Lexus and/or the Third Party Provider in order to effectively provide you with the Service(s) you have selected. You may correct or modify such information at any time before confirming your subscription and afterwards;
(5) Toyota/ Lexus and/or the Third Party Provider will confirm your subscription by email or by other means of notification.
Use of the Connectivity Device.
· The Connectivity Device will have to be activated by you. This activation is done either directly via your MyToyota/ MyLexus account or via the Connectivity Device and then confirmed via your MyToyota/ MyLexus account.
· TME and/or its affiliated companies retain all rights on the Connectivity Device and its content, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights vested therein.
· Software updates of the Connectivity Device will take place automatically and you hereby undertake to accept such updates and not to prevent or hinder them in any way. Furthermore, you undertake to submit your Connectivity Device to periodical maintenance check-ups, as recommended from time to time by Toyota/ Lexus. Toyota/ Lexus may replace the Connectivity Device at any time for security reasons, to update the offering of Services or for any other reason based on applicable laws and regulations.
· Any handling or manipulation of the Connectivity Device and of the Connectivity Device’s software (for example, copying, modifying, reverse engineering, etc.) is prohibited.
· Except for security reasons or where required by applicable laws or regulations, you must not remove the Connectivity Device from your Toyota/ Lexus car or uninstall any part of its software. If, notwithstanding the above, you undertake one of these actions, you will automatically deactivate or discontinue the Services you have subscribed to, without any right to be reimbursed for the lost subscription period. Furthermore, Toyota/ Lexus will not be liable for any consequences resulting from the removal or uninstallation which may affect the functioning of your Toyota/ Lexus car. Finally, you will lose any benefits and commercial advantages you had acquired by using the Services (for example, insurance or financing advantages related to the monitoring of data transmitted by the Connectivity Device).
· Please note that once the Connectivity Device in your Toyota/ Lexus car is activated, the Connectivity Device will transmit data about the geo-location of your Toyota/ Lexus car. This geo-location data is necessary for the functioning of the Services which you will have subscribed to. Therefore, if you deactivate the Connectivity Device, please be aware that you will not be able to access and use any of the Services.
Use of the Services.
· The offering of the Services is subject to applicable consumer protections laws and regulations.
- If applicable and provided you are to be considered a consumer under the applicable national consumer protection laws and regulations, you have the right to withdraw from the subscription contract you have concluded via MyToyota/ MyLexus in relation to the use of the Services within fourteen (14) days from the conclusion of such contract without giving any reason.
Your right to withdraw from such contract will thus expire after fourteen (14) days from the day of the purchase of your subscription.
- To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from your subscription by an unequivocal communication sent to us within the fourteen (14) days (withdrawal) period. For this purpose, you may, but are not obliged to, use the attached model withdrawal form.
You can use one of the following in order to send us your decision to withdraw from your subscription: by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you withdraw from your subscription, we will reimburse to you (i) all the fees received from you for such subscription with the exception of the part of the fees paid by you which corresponds to the part of the Services that have been provided to you, upon your specific request, until you have communicated us your decision to withdraw from your subscription, and (ii) the costs of delivery, if any (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from your subscription. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
- You expressly acknowledge that you cannot withdraw from your subscription in case the Service concerned has been provided in its entirety before the expiry of the fourteen (14) days (withdrawal) period following the purchase of the subscription (e.g. purchase of 1 month Connectivity Services and usage of the entire data limit before the expiry of the fourteen (14) days (withdrawal) period).
· You acknowledge and accept that any use of the Services, including when using them in your Toyota/ Lexus car, is under your sole responsibility and at your sole risk, and that Toyota and/or its affiliates, as well as our suppliers, are not liable for any damages you may incur yourself or you may cause to third parties in connection with such use.We expressly exclude our liability for any and all indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of data, reputational damage, loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings, loss of earnings and business interruptions.
You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any use, storage, protection and distribution of any data which has been provided to you or which you have access to in relation to or as a result of your use of the Services.
· Any usage of any of the Services made available from your Toyota/ Lexus car must be done at all times in accordance with applicable legislations and in a safe and secure manner so that it does not interfere with or disturb the driving of the car and/or other participants in traffic.
· Toyota/ Lexus and/or its affiliates do not ensure the accessibility, quality or accuracy of any of the Services that Toyota/ Lexus or any Third Party Provider makes accessible or provides through MyToyota/ MyLexus at all times and in all situations, or the adequacy of the Services with regard to your specific needs or intended purposes or those of other drivers or passengers of your Toyota/ Lexus car or of third parties.
5. Licence to access and use of MyToyota/ MyLexus
Toyota/ Lexus grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and your MyToyota/ MyLexus account, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except after a prior explicit written consent of Toyota/ Lexus.
The use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and the creation and use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus account are for free. As regards the Services mentioned in Section 4 above, or any other service or app, a fee, if any, will be explicitly specified.
Toyota/ Lexus reserves the right to modify, discontinue, suspend or replace any service or app available or offered through the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app at any time and at its discretion. In such case, Toyota/ Lexus shall inform you reasonably in advance thereof. Toyota/ Lexus shall not incur any liability as a consequence of its decision.
This licence does NOT include (a) any re-sale or commercial use of this website or its contents, (b) any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions or prices, (c) any derivative use of this website or its contents, (d) any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant or (e) any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
The MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app or any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the prior explicit written consent of Toyota/ Lexus.
Furthermore, you are not allowed to undertake any of the following:
1. Frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Toyota/ Lexus and its affiliates without explicit written consent;
2. To use any meta-tags or any other "hidden text" utilising Toyota's/ Lexus’s or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the explicit written consent of Toyota/ Lexus;
3. Act inappropriately by engaging in a behaviour that cannot be expected from a honest user acting in good faith;
5. Attempt to or actually override any security component;
6. Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices; and
7. Collect, use or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information, also known as “personal data”.
In case of any unauthorised use Toyota/ Lexus shall be entitled to terminate the access to and use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and/or your MyToyota/ MyLexus account and/or any services or app related thereto with immediate effect and without being liable to you for any compensation.
6. Intellectual property
All marks indicated on the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and any related website are trademarks or registered trademarks of the company Toyota Motor Corporation, with head office in Japan, and are valid in the European Union and/or other jurisdictions.
Toyota's/ Lexus’s graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and services and apps names are the trademarks or trade dress of Toyota/ Lexus. Toyota’s/ Lexus’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Toyota’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Toyota/ Lexus.
All trademarks not owned by Toyota Motor Corporation that appear on the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and any related website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Toyota/ Lexus.
Toyota/ Lexus shall retain any and all rights on the data obtained from the use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app, its content, services and apps, etc., in anonymous form, and any subsequent use of or analysis performed by Toyota/ Lexus based on such data.
7. Third Party Providers
Third Party Providers may made accessible, provide or sell products, services or apps through the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app.
We are not responsible for checking, evaluating and/or validating any of these Third Party Providers’ products, services or apps. We do not warrant nor endorse the offerings of any of these Third Party Providers and we are not in any way responsible or liable for any action from the Third Party Providers and/or for the content, quality and/or performance of their products, services or apps.
TME will not be responsible and incur any liability for any damage you might suffer or you might cause to third parties as a result of your use of the MyToyota/ MyLexus portal/app and/or your MyToyota/ MyLexus account.
10. Events beyond our reasonable control
12. Governing law and jurisdiction